Induction Harden Rod
We pride ourselves on the quality of our products, which go through a highly specific production process. Each Chrome Plated Rod we ship has been inspected to meet current industry standards for tolerances.
Induction Hardened Chrome Plated Steel Bars are produced by using advanced techniques on AISI 1045/1050 steel bars, for surface removal, polishing, induction hardening, and then hard chrome plating. The finished product is a superior impact resistant bar ideal for high quality piston rods.
- Material grade EN 8, EN 9, EN 19, EN 31.
- Dimensions 06 - 160 mm / 01/4" - 6"
- Diameter tolerance ISO f7 / other, on request
- Roundness max. 1/2 from diameter tolerance
- Standard length 5000 - 7500 mm / on request cut lengths and special lengths
- Surface roughness Ra: max. 0.20 µm
- Hardness Case depth 1.5 mm to 2.5 mm
- Chrome layer thickness 0 < 20 mm: min. 15µm
0 >= 20 mm: min. 20 µm
- Chrome layer micro hardness: min. 900HV0.1
- Straightness 0 < 16 mm: max. 0.3 mm/1000 mm
0 > 16 mm: max. 0.2 mm/1000 mm